If you thought March’s Legacy card couldn’t get any bigger, you were wrong. Legacy added another title fight to the mix at Legacy FC 29. UFC/WEC vet Leonard Garcia will look to make the first successful defense of his featherweight title as he defends against Shane Howell.
Legacy FC 29 takes place March 21 at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Tulsa, Okla. The night’s main card airs on AXS TV.
Garcia recently won the Legacy FC belt at Legacy FC 26 with a first-round knockout of Kevin Aguilar. Garcia is in a 3 fight winning streak (all finishes) with Legacy since being released from the UFC.
Garcia will test the skills and chin of fellow newcomer and onetime Bellator fighter Shane Howell. Howell has won nine of his past 10 fights and six straight. Eleven of his 13 career victories have come via stoppage, including seven via submission.
Garcia has excelled on learning the ground game, but we all know he wants to bang. Howell will except this fight wherever is goes, but will more than likely want to take this to the ground.
The latest Legacy FC 29 card now includes:
MAIN CARD (AXS TV, 10 p.m. ET)
- Champ Leonard Garcia vs. Shane Howell – for featherweight title
- Paul Buentello vs. Myron Dennis – for vacant light heavyweight title
- Jonathan Brookins vs. Cody Fuller
- Thomas Longacre vs. Chris Pecero
- Daniel Hauenstein vs. Jerod Spoon
- Art Parker vs. Andrew Todhunter
- Mike Budnik vs. Gilbert Burns
PRELIMINARY CARD (Untelevised, 8 p.m. ET)
- Zach Church vs. Johnny Koepp
- Jarrett Rouse vs. Jake Sayler
- Josh Anderson vs. Daryl Wilson
- Jose Martinez vs. Mat Thomas
- Blake Nichols vs. Josh Parrish
- C.J. Harris vs. Aaron McKenzie
Ben McPhee (@mmawriter1 Twitter)