Alright MMA-Freak fans, it’s that time again! Time to get you caught up on all or any mma news you might have missed this past weekend. Grab your morning coffee or your after work beverage and let’s get you all caught up.
It was a great weekend for woman, not only in MMA, but Nascar as well. Congrats to Rousey, Carmouche and Danica Patrick.
~ Fight Results ~
Bellator 90: Martinez vs. Shamhalaev-
MAIN (Spike TV, 10 p.m. ET)
- Shahbulat Shamhalaev def. Rad Martinez via KO (strikes – Round 2, 2:12 – Season 7 featherweight-tournament final
- Emanuel Newton def. Muhammed Lawal via KO (spinning back fist) – Round 1, 2:35 – light heavyweight tournament semifinal
- Douglas Lima def. Bryan Baker via KO (punch) – Round 1, 2:34 – welterweight tournament semifinal
- Mikhail Zayats def. Jacob Noe via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 3:38 – light heavyweight tournament semifinal
PRELIMINARY (Spike.com, 8 p.m. ET)
- Ben Saunders def. Raul Amaya via KO (head kick) – Round 1, 2:56 – welterweight tournament semifinal
- Travis Marx def. Chase Beebe via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Jesse Juarez def. Jordan Smith via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27)
- Sean Powers def. Dave Allred via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 3, 2:10
- Lionel Lanham def. Joe Rodriguez via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 0:49
XFC 22: Crossing the Line-
MAIN (AXS TV, 10 p.m. ET)
- Scott Holtzman def. Jason Hicks via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Ricky Rainey def. Joseph Corneroli via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Pearl Gonzalez def. Suzie Montero via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 4:56
- Roger Carroll def. Josh Eagans via submission (triangle choke) – Round 2, 0:59
- D’Angelo Bynum def. Jimmy Fowler via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- D’juan Owens def. Nate Landwehr via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
PRELIMINARY (Untelevised, 8 p.m. ET)
- Joseph Carroll def. Len Cook via unanimous decision
- Jeremy Severn def. Aaron Osbourne via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 4:50
- Rahshun Ball def. Thomas Campbell via unanimous decision
- Cody Wells def. Luke Neyland via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 2:45
- Carlos Vivas def. Brandon Boggs via TKO – Round 1, 3:56
MAIN (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Ronda Rousey def. Liz Carmouche via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 4:49 – to retain women’s bantamweight title
- Lyoto Machida def. Dan Henderson via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Urijah Faber def. Ivan Menjivar via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 4:34
- Court McGee def. Josh Neer via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Robbie Lawler def. Josh Koscheck via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 3:57
PRELIMINARY (FX, 8 p.m. ET)
- Brendan Schaub def. Lavar Johnson via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27
- Mike Chiesa def. Anton Kuivanen via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 2:29
- Dennis Bermudez def. Matt Grice via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Sam Stout def. Caros Fodor via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
PRELIMINARY (Facebook, 6:35 p.m. ET)
- Kenny Robertson def. Brock Jardine via submission (kneebar) – Round 1, 2:57
- Neil Magny def. Jon Manley via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Nah-Shon Burrell def. Yuri Villefort via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
Paul Daley scores highlight-reel KO at Cage Contender XVI.
~ Headlines ~
Jon Fitch Agrees to Join WSOF (World Series OF Fighting).
UFC 157 draws estimated 15,525 attendance and $1.4 million gate.
UFC 157 bonuses: Lawler, Robertson, Bermudez, Grice earn $50K awards.
Germaine de Randamie, Julie Kedzie, Sarah Kaufman, Amanda Nunes, all new woman signed with the UFC.
UFC 157′s Lyoto Machida gets next title shot at Jones/Sonnen winner.
Dan Henderson not retiring.
Dana White says Jose Aldo‘s camp refusing to fight Anthony Pettis.
David ‘Tank’ Abbott returns to MMA, meets Ruben Villareal in April.
UFC on FUEL TV 8 weigh-ins set for Friday in Japan.
UFC heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez signs new eight-fight deal.
~ Fight News ~
Steven Siler announces UFC 159 fight with Jimy Hettes.
~ Quotable’s ~
Dana White on letting Fitch go: “He’s super f—ing expensive, he’ll end up somewhere, and he’ll come back. This is the sports business, and this is the way it happens.”-mmajunkie.com
Dana White on UFC Super fight(s): “GSP is going to defend his title against Nick Diaz, Anderson Silva will defend his title this summer, and before the end of this year, we will see a super fight with either GSP and Anderson Silva, or Anderson Silva and Jon Jones,” White said on Friday. “One of them is coming.”-mmajunkie.com
Dana White on UFC 157 FOTN: “When these guys came (backstage) after their fight, obviously [Grice] was really upset,” White told MMAjunkie.com. “I said, ‘That’s one of those fights where there’s no loser. There is no loser in that fight.’ “When you turn on your TV set and you put down your money or you buy a ticket, that’s what you expect to show up and see. As a fight fan, those are the kind of fights you want to watch. And those are the kind of fights where guys won’t get cut. It’s pretty easy – pretty simple.”
Dana White: Nick Diaz ‘close’ to losing UFC 158 fight with Georges St-Pierre.
UFC 158′s Jake Ellenberger: Hendricks calling the shots is ‘absolutely pathetic’.
UFC’s Pat Barry: Women’s MMA most exciting fights on cards – ‘every time’.
~ Rumors ~
Gina Carano to join Ronda Rousey in the UFC?
Could Koscheck be fired?
~ Misc ~
Did Schaub take the easy way out because he was scared of getting knocked out?
Rousey vs. Cyborg not ruled out by Dana White, but not anytime soon.
Tom Watson would love to fight teammate Brain Stann.